How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Get cool this summer with a home made cold brew coffee!
What you need:
- 110g of coffee beans (about 1 cup of ground coffee) - Guatemala Antigua dark roast
- Cheese cloth or paper filters
- 2 jars
- Cold water - around 800ml
- Grind the coffee beans to a coarse grind as you would for a cafetiere.
- Transfer the coffee grounds to the jar you are using for the cold brew. Stir gently to make sure the grounds are immersed in the water.
- Cover the jar with a lid and place in the fridge for at least 16 hours.
- To filter the cold brew, place the cheese cloth over a large bowl or another jar. if you are using paper filters, place them on your dripper / pour over and place a jar underneath. Pour the coffee over the cheesecloth or filter to strain it.
- If you find the coffee too strong, you can dilute it with ice or milk. You can store the cold brew in a jar for up to a week.