BRAZIL IPANEMA YELLOW CATUAI - Green Coffee Beans
Creamy and heavy coffee with refined citric acidity and pronounced caramel taste.
What you need to know...
- Flavours - caramel,
- Aroma - nutty
- Body - rich, full, creamy
- Acidity - citric
Filter & espresso based coffees.
The finer details...
- Origin: Brazil
- Region: Minas Gerais
- Farm: Fazenda Rio Verde (one of Ipanema’s five farms)
- Altitude: 800 to 1.350 meters above sea level
- Variety: Yellow Catuai
- Collection: Handpicking selective
- Processing: Pulped Natural
It is prepared from 100% Yellow Catuai cherries harvested from the Fazenda Rio Verde and processed using the pulped natural method.
What is Yellow Catuaí varietal? Yellow Catuaí is a dwarf hybrid of Mundo Novo and Caturra, which was crossbred in Brazil in 1949. Together with Red Catuai, it is a highly resistant cultivar suitable for growing in high altitudes and windy areas. Both Catuais have very refined and clean acidity.