AeroPress Brewing Guide
The AeroPress is an innovative product for making a perfect coffee every time. Whether it is at home, in the office, on a camping trip or at a hotel, the AeroPress enables you to make smooth and rich coffee without any bitterness.
For over a decade Aerobie, Inc. was known both for brewing delicious coffee and astonishing sport toy performance – an unusual pairing that drew a great deal of attention from every type of major media around the world. This innovative product is truly value for money, beautifully simple to operate and is the perfect gift for any coffee lover. The plunger pushes the trapped air down the chamber, forces the water over the coffee and through the filter into your cup/mug/cocktail shaker.
What you Need
- Bring around 7 oz (200 g) of water to a boil.
- Weigh out 15–18 grams of coffee in fine grind (depending on your preferred strength) or this will be the equivalent to one scoop from the aeropress kit
- Insert an aeropress filter paper in the aeropress' detachable plastic cap.
- Assemble your AeroPress without the plunger. Make sure the entire assembly is dry, since any residual moisture can compromise the device’s seal.
- You can use some of the hot water to wet the filter paper slightly before brewing begins as this helps to get things going and heats the vessel.
- Add your coffee inside the aeropress
- Start pouring the water (it should be just off boiling by now)
- Start pouring the water in up to around the number 4 on the aeropress - ensuring that all of the ground are wet.
- Insert the plunger and slowly push for around 20-30 seconds.
A convenient and easy way to brew coffee - and great for on the go!
You can purchase our Aeropress kit here