This vegan Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is the perfect Autumn treat, enjoy it for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or tea, or to feed that late night sweet tooth. It’s perfectly spiced, crunchy streusel on top with creamy glaze, sweet and moist cake on the bottom. Yummy!
• 3 cups All Purpose Flour
• 1 cup Granulated Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
• ½ tsp Salt
• 1½ tsp Pumpkin Spice
• 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
• ½ Cup Neutral Oil (Avocado, Vegetable or Canola)
• 1 Cup Soy Milk
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• ½ cup Vegan Butter (melted)
• ½ cup All Purpose Flour
• 1½ cup Brown Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
• 1 cup Icing Sugar
• 2 Tbsp Soy Milk
• ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and sugar until well combined.
Wet ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, milk and vanilla until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry bowl and stir with a large spoon until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, or the cake will be dense. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Set aside while you make the streusel.
2. Streusel: In a medium bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice with a fork until well combined. Use your hands if needed; it will be crumbly.
3. Sprinkle the streusel topping all over the cake batter, place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
4. If using optional glaze: Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl, and drizzle glaze over cooled coffee cake. Serve with a cup of coffee and enjoy.