Regular popcorn just not doing it for you? Bored with the classic ‘sweet ‘n’ salty’ combination? We’re here to offer you an alternative… Caramel Coffee Popcorn, so delicious it will make your taste buds tingle.
Why? Because it’s National Popcorn Day, of course!
- A bag of popcorn (ideally freshly popped)
- Half an espresso or a strong cup of coffee (we recommend Nicaragua Matagalpa Dark)
- 200g of sugar
- 15g of butter
- 200ml of honey
- 1 teaspoon of fine ground coffee
- Heat the espresso and sugar together until all the sugar has melted.
- Stir in the butter.
- Add the honey in parts until it’s all dissolved.
- Mix in the fine ground coffee and remove from the heat.
- Pour over the popcorn and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture has set and is cool to touch, refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge, break apart, and your Caramel Coffee Popcorn is ready to eat!
Do you have any coffee-based recipes? If so, get in contact! We’ll feature your recipe on our blog and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a three-month subscription of 250g of coffee!