Here's our simple, easy way to make cold brew coffee at home - all you need is a cafetiere! We recommend doing this in the evening so you are ready to serve your cold brew the next morning.
You will need:
Coarse Ground Coffee (Cafetiere Grind is suitable)
A bottle or container for storing
1. Measure out your coffee. Use a ratio of 1:8 for 1 part coffee to 8 parts water. We are using an 8 cup cafetiere measuring around 800ml, so will be using 100g of coffee.
2. Fill with Cold Water. Fill you cafetiere with water to the plunge line.
3. Stir Gently. Use a spoon or stirrer to stir gently and ensure all grounds are wet.
4. Let it sit for 12 - 16 hours. Put the lid of the cafetiere on and let this sit for 12 - 16 hours. We recommend that you do not put this in the fridge. You can leave this on the side.
5. Slowly Plunge. When the 12-16 hours is over, slowly push the plunger down.
6. Decant. To ensure freshness you can decant the coffee into a jar or a glass bottle.
7. Serve and enjoy! Enjoy at your own preference! We love this with lots of ice and cold oat milk.
Recommended Coffees for Cold Brew