SUMATRA MANDHELING GRADE 1 - Medium-Dark Roast Coffee
Here at Redber we only Roast to Order - All of our coffees are fresh and never stored!
Full-bodied, syrupy body combined with muted acidity makes an elegant exotic cup.
What you need to know...
- Flavours - herbal, chocolate, clean earthy, woody notes, spicy
- Aroma - slightly earthy
- Body - syrupy, full-bodied
- Acidity - low
Espressos and milky drinks such as cappuccinos, flat whites and lattes!
The finer details...
- Region: Batak,
- Altitude: 800 to 1,500 m above the sea level
- Variety: Catimor, Typica
- Harvest Period: June - December
- Processed Method: Giling Basah (wet-hulled), sunried
Many of the Indonesian islands were formed by volcanoes. They are therefore mountainous and have rich soil that is ideal for growing coffee. Some of the world's famous coffees are grown on the islands of the Malay Archipelago: Sumatra, Java and Sulawesi. Approximately 15% of all the coffee grown in Indonesia is Arabica.
Sumatra Mandheling coffee is grown on volcanic slopes of Mount Leuser near port Padang in the Black region (west-central Sumatra).