Melitta Porcelain Pour Over Set - Grey
- Logo-etched cone uses #4 Melitta coffee filters
- Carafe features drip-resistant spout design
- Medium-size drip opening provides a consistent brew and eliminates risk of bitterness
- A ring underneath drip opening directs coffee flow into the carafe and prevents runoff
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- The Heritage Series Pour-Over™ brews handcrafted coffee in three simple steps:
1. Place Pourover cone on top of the carafe or a mug, insert Melitta cone coffee filter
2. Scoop in freshly ground coffee to taste
3. Pour hot water (just off the boil) into the cone, fully saturating all grounds
For over 100 years, the Melitta brand has been synonymous with Pour-Over™ brewing. That’s because it was 1908 when Melitta Bentz, a German housewife, invented the Pour-Over™. She was tired of drinking bitter coffee, so she punched holes in a brass pot and used a piece of her son’s blotting paper to create a two-part filtration system. This innovation forever changed the way people brew their coffee worldwide. The Melitta brand has been built on the founder’s spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship, and inventiveness.
Having purchased this after using and breaking a bodum glass pour over. Noticed this Melitta has a very fast flow rate with filtration. As such the extraction isn't as good. Mostly down to 2 holes in cone. Ended up buying a Bialetti similar but with one hole. Which filters better.