The Hario V60 is an extremely innovative little device - A simple yet pleasantly effective way to make a gorgeous cup of coffee! Easy to clean a simple to make - follow our instructions below for the perfect brew with a Hario V60.
The Hario V60 is a cone-shaped dripper. It’s pour-over design has a large opening at the bottom. It also has spiral ribs on the inside and a fairly steep wall, these all contribute to making a great cup of pour-over coffee. A simple yet pleasantly effective way to make coffee.
What you need
- Hario V60 Dripper
- V60 Filter Papers
- Redber Filter Ground Coffee (around 12-16 grams for one cup)
- A Kettle
- Place the V60 on top of a cup and place the filter paper inside the V60 cone.
- Rinse the filter paper with hot water to wet the inside.
- Boil fresh water and wait 1 minute to let the water cool to approximately 93- 95C.
- Place your ground coffee in to the now wet filter paper, then pour a little water over to start the process.
- After a moment, continue to slowly pour the water over the grounds in the dripper. Try to pour in to the middle and then draw an outward spiral with the water to get all the coffee extracting. Try to avoid pouring too much straight on to the filter paper directly.
- The pouring and drip time should take about 3-4 minutes.
- An important factor is to experiment with the variables to find what you like best and what suits your taste.
The V60 gives the brewer a huge amount of control. Changes in the temperature, speed and style of pour, and timings make a huge change to the cup. This can be a con however, as it can be difficult to be consistent.
You can purchase our Hario V60 starter kit here